The spinach frozen is a plant cultivated all the year. It is a group of smooth or ruffled leaves joined by a stem of dark green color.The spinach should have an uniform and shiny color, the surfaces should be clean and fresh without wilting signals.
FRESH AND FROZEN
The spinach size can vary.
How do you cook spinach?
- 1 Cut off the thick stems of the spinach and discard. …
- 2 Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. …
- 3 Add the spinach to the pan, packing it down a bit if you need to with your hand. …
- 4 After 2 minutes of covered cooking the spinach should be completely wilted.
How do you thaw frozen spinach?
Best Way to Thaw Frozen Spinach. The best way and fastest way to thaw frozen spinach is to put it in a mesh strainer and run it under very warm water. Feel around for icy chucks of spinach and break them apart with your fingers. Turn off water, grab a handful of spinach and SQUEEZE the water out back over the strainer.
Is frozen chopped spinach cooked?
Frozen spinach has been boiled/blanched. You can do this if you really want it to be as much like frozen spinach as possible, but really, you can just cook it with the water left on the leaves from washing – effectively a bit more like steaming. There’s no need to freeze it.
Can you saute frozen spinach?
Easy and not much fat: saute a few cloves chopped garlic in a little olive oil. Add thefrozen spinach, cover, and steam till tender. Add seasoned salt and pepper to taste.
The spinach should be refrigerated, away from vegetables that produce ethylene to avoid aging.
- Optimum conservation temperature: from 1°C to 4.4 °C,
- Humidity: 95 to 100%
- Ethylene production: NO
- Sensitive to ethylene exposure: YES.